Monday, February 8, 2010

FootJoy DryJoys

Dear Unscratchers,
I purchased a pair of DryJoys (white with - my favorite UF Gator orange) from TGW.com last season.  First of all, they arrived quickly like usual from TGW.  Strangely they were too big, I had ordered the same size that I wear in my FJ Contours.  Quick shout out to TGW, they offer free return shipping and had my white-silver combo (orange wasn't available in the size) very quickly.

These shoes are wonderful.  As much as I loved my FJ Contours, these DryJoys really became my go-to shoes on the course.  They are also super comfortable and have excellent traction.

I can say that the Contours are a bit softer but it doesn't hurt the DryJoys in the comfort category, in fact I actually prefer the more "stiff-yet-comfortable" feel of the DryJoys.  These also came stock with the Softspike Pulsars (same as the Contours) but felt more stable.  I believe this is from the stiffer feel of the shoe.  Yet again, though, I never was wishing to remove my shoes in the clubhouse afterwards like I used to with my old Nike spikes.  (The Nike experience was actually a surprise as they are the only sneaker that I wear normally).

Just like I mentioned with the Contours, I also put the Softspikes Black Widow Tour spikes on my DryJoys.  I have, however, been able to play a round with these (my best - 88 - woohoo!).  I have them set to Softspikes' backswing support settings shown on their website.

I definitely recommend these DryJoys, they are comfortable and are a perfect fit.  By the way, they fit about 1/2 size smaller than the Contours for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment