Monday, February 22, 2010

Callaway uPro GPS

Dear Unscratchers,

Today I am reviewing the Callaway uPro GPS.  I have had it for about a year now and have mostly very good things to say about it.

First, I have never owned any other yardage device beyond the good ol' sprinkler heads.  I have played many times with friends that had SkyCaddies and rangefinders.  At my home course, we also have the Laser Link system that bounces yardage readings off of the flags.

I decided to go with the uPro because I didn't want to need line-of-sight to get my readings and it really shines in this area.  The uPro also has a fly-by feature which is really nice.  I actually turn it off on my regular courses as I am familiar with them but it has been very valuable when playing a new course.

I also liked the fact that Callaway doesn't require an annual membership.  You do have to purchase tokens for the Pro mode (with the fly overs, etc) but the standard courses (which are free) offer pretty much what you would expect from a SkyCaddy.  Furthermore, the uPro is always spot on with the sprinkler head yardages as well as my friends' rangefinders.

Overall, it is kind of expensive but the cost is really mitigated by not having annual fees.  I really like it!  By the way, I showed my friends at my course and two of them went out and bought them within a month.

1 comment:

  1. Is that capable of playing the youtube clip about a Leprechaun in Alabama? Because if so, I'd buy multiple :)

    Bring it to Florida!

    ReplyDelete